LNÁŘE BAROQUE CASTLE is situated in the middle of a large pond area in South Bohemia. It offers its visitors beautiful Baroque and Rococo interior decoration, unique fresco paintings inspired primarily by ancient and mythological motifs. The most beautiful and also the oldest part of the castle is the Chapel of St. Joseph with organ. Eleven statues of ancient gods from Platzer’s workshop are installed under the entrance of the castle bridge, decorated with six statues of saints.
There is a large park with many flowers, bushes and old rare trees. You can also see the chapel of st. Anna, minaret, fountain with four cupids, fountain with baby boy and swan. Part of the garden is sports, including playgrounds and swimming pools. For several years the chateau was used by the government of the Czech Republic for its meetings and recreation.
guided tours, accommodation, catering in the chateau restaurant, chateau rental, concerts, exhibitions including permanent exhibition in the cat museum, civil and church wedding ceremonies (in three halls, in the chateau park or in the chateau chapel), receptions, family celebrations, banquets, banquets , company parties, training, garden parties, sports facilities in the 4ha park (tennis court, volleyball court, swimming pool, children’s pool, mini golf, sandpit, climbing frames, fireplace, dance floor) including parking in the lower courtyard and wheelchair access.
The construction of the Lnáře castle was started in 1666 by Count Aleš Vratislav of Mitrovice next to the original Renaissance fortress. It was completed in 1685 by Count Tomáš Zacheus Černín according to the plan of the Italian builder Giovanni Batista Maderna, who also designed the nearby Augustinian monastery. In 1727, the new owner of the estate, Count Leopold Josef Künigl, had the chateau repaired and partially rebuilt; its modifications also affected the castle park.
František Josef Künigl sold it to Count Karl Rudolf Sweerts Špork in 1745, whose family owned them until the beginning of the 19th century. Other owners of Lnář were the Thun, Linker and Lilgenau families.
Since the nationalization after 1948, the chateau deteriorated. In 1972, the Prosecutor General’s Office began its reconstruction and since 1980 the Czech Government has continued. Since 1985 the chateau served as a representative and recreational center of the Office of the Government. The use of the building by the Czech government continued shortly after 1989. In 1991-92, privatization projects were approved here.
In 1992 the castle was returned to the family of JUDr J.A. Vaníček, who acquired the building in 1936. In 1999, ie 333 years since its foundation, the owners made the chateau open to the public for the first time in history.
Thanks to its location and equipment, Lnáře Chateau is still an ideal place for holding important social, cultural and business events, such as conferences, seminars, trainings and company presentations. Weddings are regularly held at the chateau during the season. The chateau’s representative rooms are richly decorated with wall and ceiling frescoes with scenes from ancient mythology. The Grand Hall, which is one of the largest Baroque halls in Central Europe, hosts concerts, fashion shows or balls. The interiors of the chateau have already been rented several times for filming and photographing catalogs.
The Grand Hall creates a unique atmosphere and the most dignified framework for all social events such as larger receptions, balls, concerts, conferences, fashion shows or big weddings. With an area of 242 m2 it is one of the largest Baroque halls in Central Europe.
The building also includes 3 other large halls, wedding, cassette and advisory with an area of about 130 m3 each. and a number of smaller halls and, subsequently, accommodation for ca 50 people, including a royal and hunting wedding suite.
Another particularly interesting area of the chateau is the very decorated Baroque Chapel of St. Joseph, who was consecrated by Bishop Brixen Kašpar Ignác, Earl of Künigl, to the church in 1727. Frescoes with biblical themes from the artist Johann Franz Hoffmann from Blatno have been preserved. Among the scenes depicted are paintings from the life of the Holy Family or the life of Joseph the Egyptian son of Jacob. It is still used for worship purposes
Boarding is possible in the chateau restaurant with an outdoor garden in the courtyard or in the form of banquets in the chateau halls and in the chateau park.
- Website : Home grid